Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Tiffin Centre I would Die For

To all 4/4 E.C.E - B passed out students....the reason why I like this tiffin centre

Raghvendra Tiffins

It sounds so unusual to write about a tiffin centre and it is one of the last things a person talks about. Forget talking writing a review on it is much more disgraceful and humiliating than running around naked in streets. Then why I am writing one and top of it how did it ever go uncensored and got listed in the site. These are all the questions which you might be thinking, if not Don't think, it might sprain your brain!!

You see I have become butt of the jokes in my class and might have well been named Raghavendra just because I love this tiffin centre. First and foremost reason I love it is because it is very very nearer to my home. Hardly a minute’s walk. I don’t fancy myself as a connoisseur but at the same time I am not a glutton. Of late it has become a practice for me to eat at least five times a day. That happens to me during every semester holidays. College-time itinerary is different. My breakfast finishes at 8:00 and at around 10 or 11 my stomach starts rumbling. When there is breakfast still left over I would carry on with that if not you know what I do. For me then time would be very precious….every second I waste I would be dying of hunger.

That is the first foremost reason I love this tiffin centre. It just saved me so many times. Then again just another minute further walk down the lane there is Shanti Tiffins. Why would I stick to Raghavendra in spite of the former offering a seating place to eat?? QUALITY guys and gals QUALITY of the food is what drives me to this small, silent, busy tiffin centre.

It has all the varieties – Poori, Dosa, Idli ( my most hated one…) Vada, etc. I just can’t remember everything on the menu. The aforementioned ones are my favorites there. I do lot of eating outside with friends when coming from a CAT class, or going somewhere on an errand at evenings but I have to yet come across a restaurant or a tiffin centre that beats the quality of poori that is made here. Not even Ohri’s or Taj can give that sumptuous taste.

!!!! Ohri's No Match for Raghvendra Tiffins (Tiffin Segment Please) !!!


Take a token and give it to the person there. Within a minute or so your dish would be served hot with all the requirements chutney, sambar, spoons, ghee etc. The servicing is very fast and you can replenish the accoutrements once they are over. If the main tiffin itself is over you can take the token again and order a new tiffin. You see they are so polite and understanding too about your hunger, they don’t smirk at you or look at you with a weird face seeing you order for second time.

There is no sitting business, there are two big round tables separated by a distance, three fans- two to the ceiling, one attached to the wall, a long horizontal bar on one side and two flat platforms on the other- these two again are equally-spaced, on which you can keep your plate and eat. It is so congested you might say but I can assure you no problems finding a place and eating calmly. And hey there are two large windows flanked opposite to the horizontal bar giving you a outside view of the one of the busiest roads of the region - connecting road between Shivam Road and ShankarMutt . Endless traffic, constant moving of people here and there make you feel as if you are watching crowd at New York Times Square.

!!! Experience The Thrill of being in New York Times Square !!!


With cool breeze all around ( the fans are at top speed 5 for your information…) and absolute superb quality tiffin in front of you makes you forget all the problems you are burdened with and your mind becomes very clear.

Well I have given all the details and now it must be really clear to people why I like this tiffin centre. To all those who have even once visited my house I have let them eat at this place irrespective of the timings ( few exceptions are there…) and the response has been unanimous – Cannot be told in simple words . Well when you pass by the connecting road and not once felt like eating at this marvelous tiffin centre is like just taking a glance at Taj Mahal after going all the way to Agra. At least now wake up and remember the name RAGHAVENDRA TIFFINS.

Name: Raghavendra Tiffins.
Place: New Nallakunta
Timings: 6:00 A.M to 11:00 P.M. ( awesome isn’t it…)
Parking: Two-wheelers (yes), 4-wheelers (yes but not more than two cars fit) AND AND no parking money ( I know I know….calm down. It is hard to believe…)
Phone No. : They don’t like Advance Booking…

Please after reading so much and eating at this marvelous place let me know what you feel…I will always be glad to hear.

No comments: