Saturday, February 17, 2007

Irrelevant Musings

“My name is Karthik. I completed my Engineering at Vasavi College of Engineering, Hyderabad in E.C.E. I love blogging, reading novels and watching lots and lots of action movies…” and next was Ganesh who did his introductions and things moved on. It was such a relief to find Mr. so-and-so not enquiring about how often do I blog or what do I blog. Even if he did this is my explanation.

The day is 1st Feb and my last post dates 25th of September.
That tells a lot.

It wasn’t that I completely gave up on the idea though. I did pursue it in Lakshya Infotech ( the place where we were trained…more on that if time permits and more importantly if my brain works right…) by writing about the Biblical story of Jesus Christ in simplest of simplest which alas, has gone without a trace and I can find only the sequel to it. Even that I dragged on writing for a month and you know the rest. There was the time when I was on phone talking to NewAger urging her to at leas for my sake write one post a fortnight for my sake and blog sake. She did and I couldn’t. Such a waste.

I wouldn’t even have cared had it not been for the small time I browsed through pagalguy.com and landed upon this truly superb blog yourstruly.blogsource.com. As I was going on reading from one post to other I felt really pained and sad. Every post of mine gave me such pleasure that would keep me happy and composed for at least a couple of days.

And it is at those times I begin to see things in different light and enjoy new found enthusiasm and spirit within me. I become more keener and focused reading the editorial daily (which is one of the yardsticks I keep to gauge myself and that’s because I belive in the dictum : Knowledge is Power and with power comes enlightenment) , some part of the novel and less of T.V. Essentially by doing these things I tell myself : you are sane and you are doing the right thing and not wasting time or bluntly put nuvvu mast great ra baabu pakkanolatho compare chesukunte… blogs rastav, paper cheduvutavu, novel cheduvutav… baap re…asalu too much…

And that’s how my ego is satisfied. Apart from that it is also because I want to see how I was and the progression of my life in due course of time. I feel empty and wasted just thinking about what sort of man I have become who can stand for no principles, a man without a definitive goal and who can’t make up his mind and stick to the convictions. Now I would be too hasty if I said I am going to start off with a clean slate from now because IF I do the end will come sooner too. I decided I am going to put this up on “air” at least ten days later and not on the same day.


Here I am sitting at my workplace with no work to do and idling my time browsing through the guest folder, searching for some funny videos, ppts or movies for that matter. If not this the next would be my fascination for the gadgets which strangely started affecting me of-late. Thanks to wired.com- the place to know about the latest news and gossips about the tech-world. In that regard too the retention is proving to be a great hurdle. That’s another part of the story.

Well that’s my present state of mind and man am I not glad to fill a page for the blog….
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH…….. PARTY TIME……….

No comments: