Tuesday, May 15, 2007

10 Minutes of Anguish PART I

On 15th i.e after 2 weeks of thinking and making up my mind to blog I finally get to blog. I thought I will test myself

Time is ticking... i got ten minutes exactly now...

Well to start with I should have seen the signs much earlier. The cracks have appeared and they don't seem to erase anywhere near the future. Well before my life becomes invaluable and worthless it's better I do what I think I can do the best. Chitti did tell me long ago to capitalize on my writing.

In days to come this blog is going to be my lifline.  After a agonizing 1 month of BENCH where all I did was while away my time at the office doing net and nothing else I have entered an altogether different life where I find it difficult to find time to while away. What an irony??

The work is excellent and the challenges it throws upon are immense. It is only now I realize whatever was taught at Hebbal was only 1% of .Net universe.

We started off first by creating a dummy website required for the PEOPLE  working for EA. Ranjit and me were initiallly assigned to reporting services (another whole branch of technology to deal with). We had an amazing time doing R&D to get simple things sorted out.  With help of Roop Ranjan , we were able to sort out many issues and that is when  I realized how much I lacked behind in SQL Syntaxes for quiries. I was in the background for a while.

The task was preliminarily assigned to Prachi and Ranjit but I volunteered myself for it helping Ranjit out in his task. It has proved to be a very decisive move as it has landed in a place where excitement, fear and yearning for learning are all mixed and am having a ball of time with such a mixture. Just when I thought I could brush up on my skills on the basics we were bailed out and put into data pumping job ( which I came to know little later was what Amit & Co. were assigned to initially).

Praneet, a TeraData Expert, and another guy Rahul both were there to make life simpler for us by knowing some simple tweak formulae for the pumping. That being done we moved on to the website from where Sari (the bride-to-be left for marriage) left her innumerabl traces. It was haphazard and it reminded me of the way we developed the dummy websites under Raghvendra guidance. We took care of it and did so many things (which are better left to part II blog of the series)

Well at the end of the day what we developed is not they wanted and we were left to lick our own
wounds.
 
Not bad 10 minutes is too much of time for a blog.....

No comments: