Sunday, February 24, 2013

Back to Circle One

After almost three and a half months (a month of which I was in Canada) I have started jogging again and it was the hardest jog ever. The pain in my legs with each round was intense and I am pretty much sure this wasn't the case when I first started my 10 rounds with even bulkier body. I wonder what changed.

I am very much tempted to revive my Kar Chronicle series but I know the end result of continuation in the series wouldn't cheer me up. So let me just note today's jog. The weather was perfect neither too cold, nor too hot. The park has changed quite a bit. Lot of herbs, grass has been cut down and almost half of the garden was left barren.

Among the people around there weren't familiar faces except one uncle with the same purple T-Shirt jogging around. The actual jog as noted above was very painful and a perfect indicator that I should stick to my routine.

My reason for stopping my routine was first due to monsoon, then winter and sheer laziness. I was reading somewhere in the paper about motivations to jog. The article notes that people jog either for reducing weight or being fit. It stresses the point that it is important to stick to the reason of staying fit.
For me every jog is really about the adrenaline rush, the excessive sweat and the joy of panting. This is what I strive to achieve.

Of course, not everything starts without any reason. It was my recent Kerala trip that prompted me to jog. There are two things in the world that shows a person's true picture - photos or buying a new dress. Sadly in this case of my discovery of my new body shape it accounts to both.

No comments: