Friday, July 18, 2014

Dear Baby - 13 (Part 2)

priyamaina bangaru konda ku,

Though the post title may say Part 2, it isn't necessarily a sequence rather I wanted to get all the things that have happened so far in one post, so breaking it into two (there may be a third one too).

First and foremost I was able to feel your kicks even before first ball was kicked around in Sao Paulo. It was a delightful feeling. It was like feeling small ripples across the ocean. Basically there are three things that you do - keep rotating which is when ripples are felt, give some kicks which we are still trying to figure out when you do that, keep silent which was what you had been doing for quite long. More recently couple of days ago, you were constantly moving around causing some concern for Amma. I had asked her to call up one of her friends and to get assurance everything is ok. It is.

You see, this would be something that would continue going forward. Your movement in Amma needs to be constantly monitored. If there aren't any movements, it is a cause for concern. If there are too many, then we realize now it isn't a big concern unless protrusion in Amma's belly is pointing downwards. On more higher level though, once you are out, if you sleep long or sleep short, awake for long or awake for short, less po-po or more po-po any of these would be a concern. You may be just testing our nerves or there may be nothing but still it would be a test far more competitive than any of exams I have taken so far. I can't wait to see you out to experience all this.

Talking about experience, for almost a fortnight or more your Peddiah, Pedamma and Ram were here. (part of the reason for this long delay). We could literally see each of the above concerns I raised live in action. From the looks of it , it is a very tiring task but something I guess we would need to get used to. Of course most important of all is how the baby is i.e. you. Its all about making baby at peace for which we have started this habit of playing nice music in the morning. In addition to that your Amma's one song per day in the night. (of late though there has been a irregularity, need to revv up Amma to sing for you again and also partly because she is getting tired).

Your Arrival and thereafter -
Once your Amma conceives, her company grants her 3 months leave. In addition to that she would be taking 2 more months. During that time she would be staying at Thathas home. I can chose to stay there or at Jeyjeyya's house, who would be transferred to Hyderabad by this September. The only problem is both are very far off from office - one at Domalguda, one at New Nallakunta, almost 23 KM's from my office from my current 7Kms. I have seen some of my friends who travel the same distance daily and you wont' believe how exhausted they look. Its almost spending 3 hours in travel daily in addition to the work timings. Hence, though its very tempting to vacate the current house, shift to Nallakunta and commute daily, I may opt out to stay here and come see you during weekends. I am sorry in advance for not being there with you. It does hurt me thinking about it you know but there is no alternative. With Avva not being there, it would be hard to manage during the initial months with only Amma and myself. We can try but Amma doesn't want to take any risk.

Avva and Amma though have already started some back planning work. Each are determined to send me packed set of chapathis, some curries to take me through every week like how we do for Jeyjayya's but I have firmly said no. I told them upfront that I would be cooking on my own. (a HUGE task on which I doubt my abilities myself). We also talked about how would the weekends go, like spending Saturday with you and Amma, drop in at Dadi's place on Sunday etc. It was fun seeing both challenging and betting that I wouldn't be able to cook beyond 2 days and that I will become scared when I am alone. Lots of fun and adventure are in store for me.

Names, Names, Names,
Update on Names. Good number of people at Amma's seemantham (an upcoming post) and from J-Gang told Amma that with the way her belly is the probability of you being a 'boy' are more. Though slightly, I must say very slightly, your Amma is disappointed she did want to have some name in place for boy too. We keep referring to you as Maya even when we tell to others or Sreedevi Avva for example when she phones ask how Maya is shaping up. So to be prepared and also not to disappoint you with a girl name here are few names that cropped up -

Trivikram (Jeyjeyya's suggestion)
Arya/Aryan (Amma likes Aryan)
Ram (Already taken by your brother, so less probability)
Arjun (something we both like)

That's all for now baby konda.

Hope you are having very nice fun.

Itlu,
Prematho mee Nanna.

No comments: