Friday, June 16, 2006

As the Time Flies By...

18th is when officially I was set free or rather I set myself free or even better when my last ties with college ended or to make it absolutely clear it is when our project viva was taken and that ended our correspondence with college.

A little diversion….

It gives me great pleasure in letting all know that for the first time after the previous 5 semesters I feel absolute confidence that I will pass this semester meaning FOURTH YEAR, SECOND SEMESTER- I WILL PASS. Big Deal eh? You might say. But the repercussions are unimaginable and the mental trauma can be enough for me to go without computer for days. To follow what I am saying please read “Confessions on the Blog floor”.

I would like to thank each and every person who have made these papers so very easy and made sure an average guy can successfully complete. I owe them a lot. The cream of the whole papers was Speech Processing for sure. Oh my god!!! I thought I would die of the uncontrollable emotions of joy erupting inside my body threatening to burst out. Then the second place goes to Java followed by Radar and lastly -.. no forget it, not even worth mentioning as only PASS is required for it.

Focusing on Java paper I would like to say that it is extremely biased paper and the setters had no clue which are important and which are not. For example, who in the right mind would give a question like: Write about the applications of PERL for freaking 10 marks? Nuts for sure. But everything said and done I did lot of writing and took an additional. Additional with my writing gives me lot of confidence even as I write this. And that exam was like roller-coaster ride, not a moment to waste enjoying and relishing the words that are flowing out of the pen for that 180 minutes beginning from 11’o clock.

Diversion ends here…Please proceed on the main road…

What does that mean…

  • No going back in the college bus,
  • no more proxies,
  • no more fighting to sit in the last bench, or sudokus in the last bench
  • no more bunking and spending time in canteen,
  • no more endless chatter about nothing in particular,
  • no more last-minute batting for internals, no more tensions of back-log ,
  • no more mass-bunking (not that there were any in the last year)
  • no more planned outings,
  • no more money collection for parties or discos (for record, we had an excellent class with absolutely amazing co-operation in any regard.)

There are so many others that ended with that passage of the day. All those days I didn’t think it would come to haunt me so much. It always seemed like wonderful journey with ups and downs. A certain pattern has set in and it takes a lot of effort to break it free. Loitering aimlessly and lazily till the day of internal approaches, frantically reading just before exams, a lull period again and the grand finale in the form of SEM EXAMS. It is the gap in these things that one can remember, all the others are just an illusion. But it gives me great pride looking back how effectively I have utilized some of those times during the gaps starting with a paper at NIT Warangal, one at Osmania University, one small project at Wipro E Peripherals, and to end it all entering a robotics competition at IIT-Bombay. It ain’t no big deal when compared with peers like Adi or Mr.Swaminaidu who have many more reasons to cherish about but the fact that I had done something useful, something that might help in my course of life (which turned out to be one of the biggest reasons why I have gotten recruited…), something other than doing nothing is a great satisfaction.

With all that gone I feel lonely and no wonder they say graduation is the best part of anyone’s life and no matter how much we try we cannot recreate that beautiful passage of time.

Before I forget I want you all to know I am now Karthik, B.Tech (Electronics and Comm. Engineer).



No comments: