Saturday, September 23, 2006

(FACQ)

FREQUENTLY ASKED COMMON QUESTIONS
(FACQ)

How are you?
I am doing fine.

How is Bangalore?
Well that’s a very difficult question to answer. Bangalore is really big. From my stay here in Bangalore for the last four days here is what I have to say. People here are very friendly and top of all that are multilingual. I mean most of them can understand apart from Hindi, Kannada and English they can very well understand and speak Telugu too. When I say ‘most of them’ I mean natives like auto-drivers, pan dabba fellow, Xerox shop guys, etc. Most of the times I frequented people from North-East with their distinct facial features. The place itself is a mixture of urban and rural life. When you go to non-commericalized areas it wouldn’t be surprising for you to find a huge mall or a MNC or a stretch of two three food outlets in midst of residential buildings or slum-like areas. There is remarkable contrast all around. Yesterday on our hunt for a PG (Paying Guest) hostel we were going through a lane and suddenly we saw 30 storied, 100 odd feet wide building with ORACLE on the top, right opposite to some kuccha houses and very shabby surroundings. Well I guess one good thing is there is all round development rather than concentrating on one location.

And yes, I would be a perfect hypocrite to leave you on that good note without mentioning THE thing that might make Hyderabadi proud. Well, that would be TRAFFIC. Lots and lots of TRAFFIC. You would be laughing your ass off when I say it took me 75 minutes to reach distance of four and a half kilometers.

Chaaa…Hyderabad lo leda mari…veedu asalu Panjagutta, Ameerpet chusinatle ledu…

I know, I am coming to that. In Hyderabad you can count on your fingers the places which would be jammed but here all your twenty fingers (including your feet) wouldn’t be enough to count the places. I guess virtually all the places are always packed and traffic moves very slowly. The best time to venture out hassle free would be early wee hours say from 3 to 7 or in the late hours say 10:30 to your-wish. Not a day goes without me getting a little frustrated with the inherent traffic.
nee yankamma nuvvu vachinde nalugu rojulu…
you are right on that regard but that’s how general public is too. To be perfectly at ease with the traffic here it would take you at least a month. Now That’s HOW Bangalore is.

So How is the company?
To date I haven’t yet started to work in the company yet. My date of joining is on 26th of this month.

Why did you go so early then?
Well we had to have medical diagnostic tests done on 19th itself and there were some formalities to be completed like submitting our attested copies of marks memo, submission of the sureties, opening a bank account at ICICI etc.

Okay…so Have you bought a cell at least now??
yes…

You did ???? Why didn’t you tell so??
I didn’t feel like. Well…it was only I activated it with a SIM. My number is 98860***** (abba vankay...number on request...).

7…………………………


To be continued…




No comments: