Monday, January 21, 2008

WTH is happening?

8 Days...8 freaking days since I installed Visual Studio 2008 trial version and I have programmed not a thing.
Ain't written no mail to Laddoo

Haven't completed the Quinn's Quest to Laptop series..

--ditto-- with " Elsevier Week "


Why do I feel extreme laziness in doing what I like the most? And adding more salt to the injury I might have been robbed of this blog too had it not been for Citrix. I would have loved to put all the blame on Hari for asking me to bed early (oy..no pun intended). Were it not for his no-so-subtle-hints about his loathing for me having the lights on till 3 to 4, maybe I could have done at least some of the things listed above..

Frankly excepting surfing I wasn't doing anything significant anyway during those times , so I saw no point in eihter protesting or satisfying myself thinking if-only-hari-didn't-ask-me-to switch the lights off. Partly maybe the initial euphoria of savoring "my precious". Loading all the movies, updating the anti-virus, some softwares and oh, yes, how the heck can I forget downloading movies.

I said to myself last Friday at the same time as I am typing this : Next week I am going to completely focus on the job. Complete the new requirements one by one , constanlty imagining the shock on the face of Sunil (our onsite lead) when he reads out estimate for coding as : 2 days . In the process having a photo of the same..Tadaaan...

Ok back to reality. The situation is as good as it was a week back. No damn progress. On top of which I am again doing the same things I have been doing the last week and the week prior to that which is :
  1. Log on to Citrix.
  2. Open Outlook and check mails
  3. Then go to IMDB.com , read through some posts, reply if I can (which I don't)
  4. Go to Top 250 and start goign through the ones I wish I had
  5. yada yada...

Sometime in the middle just go through the requirement doc. And also keep checking if Mahider is watching over me or if Shrikanth is going around. It sounds silly trying to act like a school kid hiding himself when the teacher starts coming to the back rows..

Ok, now for some action: I solemnly pledge/swear that from now onwards I am going to get up early in the morning, do at least "some " development work if not the whole website.

!!!AMEN!!!!

Jeez, did I really write all that??

No comments: