Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fight the Fat - Day 0

Just to borrow the words of the latest Terminator series "It's the beginning of the end" ...

Weight hasn't ever been an issue for me. I for one always belonged to it's-good-to-do-exercise gang but never the oh-my-god-look-i-am-so-fat gang. Throughout my almost 3 years stay, roomies paired me up with Srinu in comparing the tummies and judging the fattest guy and having a laugh about it. It never really bothered me though. I always felt, there were only few extra pounds that I had to shed which, I was confident with few weeks of gym I can just get that extra digits after 8 (usually either 1 or 2). In the course of time I was able to comfortably do that and hover around 78-79. And ya, like I said before these numbers were immaterail to me. I knew I was little overweight and also pretty much sure even with this I was like the normal dude like-lean, tall, good-build and in my case handsome.

Then something happened. The first time I observed this strange feature was when I was going through some snaps taken at Barbaque Nation for Srinu's farewell (his first UK Trip...). Below is the preview!

Taking advice from none other than my buddy, roommate, classmate and sort-of well wisher who occasionally speaks his rightful mind, I wore that in-shirt. And damn just have a one more clean look at the pic above before you continue reading. Yes, I know, I should have seen the signs then but I didn't. Guess what? 4 months later or am not sure at least 8-10 months later I end up looking the same if not more awkward as seen below (that's the recent birthday snap which I will be blogging very shortly...).



!!!Concentrate on the guy on the extreme right..especially the T-u-m-m-y!!!

Added to all this was not so regular daily remarks from the most unexpcted sources - Bunty (my cousin, just couldn't believe, he could say that!), Bhargavi ( his wife), Uniques batch folks (almost all of them), Joy (this guy is sure turning out to be a one crackpot jackass manager kind with his oh-so-diplomatic remarks) - "you are great dude but you need to you know just workout on getting a V shape than a H shape" apart from the regulars - mom, dad, Indarni atha, Laxman Bhai, Swati so on and so forth. Fact is what he said struck me full force when I was narrating it to someone else, the incredulous sarcasm. The guts I tell ya?.. All these started hitting slowly, like the way heavy rain starts pouring down with few drops as a teaser. To complete the analogy the heavy rain that befell was after seeing Srinu (after his second trip!). Blistering Barnacles!

Is he a human/half-breed or what? How in the goddamn world did he lose 5Kg I ain't got no idea. But one thing for sure it just didn't feel right. The whole eat-nothing-but-chicken-at-lunch routine just got smashed to bits. I have become the butt of the jokes now and surprisingly it started to pinch me. When I am about to dress or come out of bath, crossing RevT on my path to my room, if there is one thing they don't miss it's the huge semi-spherical dome with a nice smooth curvature and you know what happens right? ga ga ga ga like small kids with knickers who have just seen someone missing catching a pen...so funny eh?

There are so much more to report but to cut the long boring-mindless-senselsess-stupid story short, Srinu was the last straw. As you all know for any right-minded person who is in his right -frame with this almost-right bunch of guys in a room, it's jsut impossible to stick to a resolution. Its as impossible as Hari getting up at 6 in the morning all by himself for playing crickent on Saturday. I mean, hello, just give it try? Then there are always excuses, not today, not tomorrow, slept late, from monday, from thursday,from my bonda day- what the heck and ya now the mother-of-all-excuses- TOEFL!

Is there anyway to come out of this mess? As astounding as it might sound there is ...Read on...

No comments: