Monday, February 15, 2010

What's wrong with me?

I guess I am losing it. I couldn't even type my blogsite write for three times straight causing a slight panic attack, wondering if maybe, I mean may-be, I might have accidentally deleted my blog. Luckily I didn't. Just having finished watching one of the best House episodes of all time, I just for the life of me can't understand the way my life is turning out to be.

My addiction to movies is taking such a heavy toll that I am not able to concentrate or give in anything more than 0% to my life's priorities be it my work (the topmost), my aim (MS In US part) or my hobbies. The real ones, the ones that transport me to an imaginary world and make me feel to hug myself with joy. Books and blogs truly have always been my forte, something I did so naturally that I didn't need such rude awakening at times like 3:30 A.M. in the morning! Actually, I am really angry at myself and the only thing I can lay a finger on are movies and nothing but the movies.

Ever since I am done with completing at least 4 of my applications I started falling back on to movies as if the world is going to end if I don't complete my stack of unseen (which by the way are aplenty) movies. This process involves searching my goddamn hard disk, checking for the movies, only realizing that the last downloaded movies were somehow have been just for the record which pissess me off to no end. What do I do? I download the new ones which again are following the same pattern. Adding more heat to my already burnt up backside, I have bought a new hard disk (a real cutie) and every minute from my lappie on time to lappie off time, there are gazillion permutations and combinations of things that my darn mind calculates by itself to get things straightened up.

For staters, should I move the animation ones from old to new? Should I segregate the movies again in the same way as the old pattern? Should I not search each movie from IMDB, get the genres, create the appropriate folder and rearrange? When should I make an inventory of the movies-snapshot, program (exe), manual? How best can I share and achive the glory ("Oh-my-god do you really have all these movies? What are you? Why don't you open a library man?") ? Trust me folks, you find a guy/girl with over 750 gig of movies and stuff, the last thing I mentioned here, goes right in his brain all the time and you just don't know the kicks we get with such awe.

The last question I want throw up to the house - How can some of you guys be so disorganized and stupid to keep dumping the movies in folders and files in whatever shape they are in (American.Beauty.DVDRip.Xvid-Tornado[WT], 17 Again (2009) [DvdRip] [Xvid] {1337x}-Noir- WTH?). Anyways such stupididty puts extra work on me and that little extra means a lot in my mind. Today for instance I got a hard disk from Murali (nikmo's friend) and I spent almost half an hour renaming, reorganizing, rechecking, relabeling and finally dumping onto my hard disk. Not good, not good at all!

Oh God! Someone please help me. Save me from this addiciton, I want my life back. I want some quality time, not some stupid praises. Okay, here is the time the big oath comes out - I on this blog on this very post promise I will not watch any movie till this weekend on my laptop, nor involve myself in downloading or organizing or talking anything about a movie at all! Period.

Phew, That feels good. I hope I succeed. Adios.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

[... ] is another nice source of tips on this topic[...]

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

Pavan said...

Dude, have you been "actually" watching movies or just downloading and organizing them? :D And more importantly, have you made partitions on the herd disk now? :P :P

yossarain said...

@Anon - Thanks for the comment ,more or less similar to the one you left before. I hope you can show yourself in the future, what say?

@Pavi - What do you think eh? :D Such it goes mate, everyone are in the same boat surely. And yeah thanks for the tip, will do the partition for this one at least, but mate, doing partition just doesn't feel great you know. I guess if I am looking long term, partition is The thing.
With 2 HDDs i can transfer and partition the old one too..

Oh my god, with that being the case, the whole point of the post would be lost. A bit of trade off really. ;)

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view