Saturday, February 05, 2011

My Adventurous Start to Paris - I

If blogging has taught me anything, it is that memories are best captured when they are still fresh. There are so many wonderful things happening around me that I want to remember but often gets washed away in days that pass by.

Anyways my last days before starting off to Paris have been one such set of days which I want to recall. At the outset I would like to say no packing is ever complete without mom's hands. This is a statement everyone ought to remember. After vacating my room in December, I spent the whole month of January at my avva's place. It had been one of my best days at Hyderabad with Anu too being there. Though we never got to shop together for my trip, we had fun in just talking stuff, going out (It was kinda wierd being with so many girls on the day before Anu had to depart and when all their friends had come). On the first week of Jan, mom too had come just to see me. The kind of lashing I had got on that day after they saw the state of the room I had been in still rings in my ears. Since it was only a week or so I had been there, I didn't bother much moving things around and just kept them lying.

Again, the weekend being the only time I had got to do shopping and stuff, whatever I bought I just dumped it near the table. Just to be clear on what exactly the room contents were, I had 2 suitcases, 2 bags, 3 carry bags nicely kept at one corner of the room. I know I could have dumped the contents, removed the unnecessary stuff, arranged the neat ones. But the way they were at that moment, I didn't think it was nearly as ghastly as my says it was. Neither my mom or dad shared the same view though. For them, I had done something so terribly bad that I have shamed their upbringing. Damn, what on earth are girls genes made of anyway in handling such stuff? Why are their rooms always kept so darn well? I am pretty much sure, mote would have made a much bigger mess of the whole thing. As usual I didn't argue much and anyway they took upon the tasks themselves to clean it up. Well, why bother with the whole shouting anyway? Parents, I tell ya!

So a week after that mom had come again, this time with mission in mind. The task was simple but something I had been postponing just waiting for the confirmation date. The date of travel wasn't sorted out by then. With mom, no such thing happens, she wanted the things right away. It was one of THE best things we did - that is sorting out what is needed, what else to buy and removing the unwanted stuff nicely in one of the bags. She made me pack all the things in different bags. This relieved my mind completely and gave me so much clarity in all the coming days. I exactly knew what was needed - a adapter, one pair of jeans, one cap, one jacket.

These simple items turned out to be much more complicated than I had imagined. I had spent one whole day going around 3 malls in search of one pair of perfect jeans. I have become very bad at choosing things and I lost the ability to chose nice dresses - be it a pant, shirt, or jeans. Nothing I see seem good or fit. It was one of the most dazed shopping experiences in all times. This is something I have started seeing in myself of late and its not a pleasent experience. Without anybody accompanying me, I feel I chose one of the worst dresses and I go into depression. My mind then goes blank. Anyways with such feeling, I put this on hold for the last day.

As the days went by and the date was set, the frenetic activities increased. With only few days to go I bought the suitcase of my choice. Fight broke out between my parents and me, details of which can be found in another blog. Cutting the story short and coming to the last day. This is how things stood.

The tasks pending from my end were -
  1. Getting the universal adapter
  2. Getting one pair of paint
  3. Buying one extra pair of glasses
  4. Buying torchlight
  5. Get the Office laptop

There were much more. It turned out the weight wasn't enough. I still had the capacity to load 7 Kgs! Mom made sure every kg was properly utilized. With everything running so peacefully, it all went downhill once I reached office around 4:30. Everyone's eye literally was on my eye. Pranav, my manager, then dropped the bombshell by telling me to make sure I carry a medical certificate declaring that eye's stye was not contagious. I hadn't still procured the goddamn office laptop. It was 6:30 in the evening. My backup was not yet done. All these was just creating havoc in my brain. ...

To Be continued...
P.S. I am so tired right now. I have the much more important task of documenting my Eiffel Tower Trip. Will come to this again sometime soon..


No comments: