Friday, July 29, 2011

Not so good feeling

I have done something today that I am not happy about and feeling terrible about it. After having collecting my bike insurance papers from the agent around 7'o clock, I had dropped Debasis (my team mate) at his place at Begumpet. We then sat together and had burgers chatting away for a while. I then started off back to my place. Just as I was about to increase my pace, I saw a small handicapped kid asking for lift.

I slowed down and he got on the bike. He said he had to go to Ameerpet. I told him since I was going to Jubilee Hills, I would be dropping him at the Panjugutta junction. The rain has started pouring heavily. As I kept on going forward, he was telling about the difficulties he was facing in finding a job. Knowing someone in Uppal he had come here from his village to find a job only to find that he had no way of contacting them. Having exhausted his money in searching for them, he wanted now to go to SR Nagar as someone had told him that there are some opportunities for work and that was where he was heading at 7:30 P.M. in the rainy night. He also told me that he had 500 when he had come to the city and now it was over.

That ticked me off on hearing it as I knew what was coming next was if I had any money to offer. Instead, he didn't do any such thing. He was just telling about his current situation. Since I did not how how far SR Nagar is from Panjagutta and vaguely remembering that SR Nagar is really from Ameerpet, I mentally decided to drop him off at the cross roads as expected.

That is what I did after 15 minutes. I dropped him off and it was still raining badly. He thanked me, looked around for a while and then started walking ahead with one leg limping. I moved a little and then gave him Rs. 200 and told him he can get catch any bus and that would take him to Ameerpet or SR Nagar.

In the next 5 minutes the rain stopped completely but by that time I felt terrible and really bad on not helping the chap. I could have easily dropped him and maybe come to Jubilee Hills via Krishna Nagar road, though I am not completely sure. Still, I had nothing to lose as this was a Friday and neither anyone was waiting nor I had any plan.

All the way back I was thinking about the same thing. I hope he does get some job and do well. From now on I would be more kind to people and not close off any affection.

No comments: