Friday, August 24, 2007

Time of Appraisals and Appreshensions..

The time of appraisals has come. We are asked to rate ourselves in three departments i.e.  Organization, Project and Self on a scale
of 1 to 5 and the justification for the rating. (1 as highest...)

Here are some of the most senseless justifications for getting 5 rated


  • I  made a point to fill my timesheets regularly and sincerely. (what a big favor mate...)
  • Took Satyam Way certification exam and cleared it with 90 percent. (It's mandatory for
  • Christ's Sake...)
  • Attended training sessions for QMS (Quality blah-blah..) - so???
  • Have always done my module on time...(i see..you get 5 rated because you have done
  • something on time????)
  • I am preparing for SQL as I am planning to do the SQL certification.
There are some valid ones though and some are plain stupid. For the past few days I hear some
one or the other talking about appresials and I must have heard "Are.. amit ko S rating aya re.."
at leat 5 times by now. And there are worried people wondering what would they get. Hrithik
(a.k.a Sultan) is very definite that he is going to get nothing but 'A' rating because Mitesh ain't
gonna give him anything more. Ranjit was wondering whether there is any remote chance that
we might cross the 'A' level mark.

Jash is somewhat tensed and forthright in thinking his appresials are going to be screwed
because of his dealings with his RM. He is one of those people who refuse to be put down by the
administrative bull-shit. He takes initiatives on his own and goes to lengths to solve other people
problems . One can easily mistake him for a nut-crack who gives a damn about rules with his stubborness, unwillingness to obey the rules and label him as a show-off, attention-mongerer etc. Partly you may be right but he is a person of immense fighting spirit and there is so much
rationale in his thinking and all the doubts he asks.

It is just that it is very difficult to calm him down because the persons who he seeks the answers
from are just uncomfortable to admit they don't know and accept his way of thinking. So they take the classic bossy attitude and brush him off...well it was at one of those 
confrontations he was warned "Be careful...your appresials are coming soon.." to which
our hero gallantly replied

" Give me a 'T' if you want to. Also if you are not satisified with my work, please release me...".

Damn mate.. I have to give it to you. It is "this" incident that is bothering him now and he doesn't even mince any words saying " Damn man.... I am not budha and idealist kind of shit..
I want "S" rating... if I don't I am going to screw them all.."

Well as per me I really don't care what I am rated at this point ( but nothing less than "A"...). I am sane and not a saint either as I see no point in working and slogging our ass off for the last six months in a project whose requirments kept changing and changing and are still...changing.....

Maybe tomorrow I will get done with my appresial thingy...


No comments: