Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random ramblings

First off, when I was talking to Srinu today, he casually asked me when I was planning to marry. I casually told him maybe next year or year after that.

"2 years aa..vaddu babu..chala late aipotundi"

Then there was this one from my mom "tvaraga pelli chesuko ra. andaru oka la vundaru. kondari age avute face mudaraipotundi. Pratap chudu ippatiki koncham young ga unnadu". Mom was so darn clever. She conveyed exactly what Srinu said albeit in a circuitous roundabout manner.

I strongly believe in the dictum "If I think it doesn't apply to me, I ignore it and laugh it off". This applies to any taunting, teasing, that my friends do. It really doesn't bother me as there are too many things in my life apart from these to bother with. Age is something that has stuck a little hard.

I can see whale of difference between mushy-me and no-mushy-me and thank god for the brave step I took to take it off. Maybe back then I realize now that everything was perfectly justified when they kept referring me as looking aged, looking old etc. But now with the new look I certainly don't feel old but why do people still referring to me as old. When it comes to age, they go ballistics on hearing I am still 25 (when i was 25). They always say I am somewhere around 28, 29.

I thought I had two solutions for it -
1. Reduce weight
2. Reduce Weight
and Reduce weight

As Balodi bhai puts it "If you are slim and fit, even if you are bald you will look like a hunk". That thought put me in high spirits for very long time until someone else told me "Bhai, i think its got something to do with your shoulder length. You look okay. "

And here is where I rest my case. I am happy the way I am and the way I look.

No comments: