Friday, October 18, 2013

Funny ways how your mind works

It is a habit of mine that I get a urge to eat something that I like and keep my stomach full whenever I accomplish some difficult task racking my brain for long time during my office time. Earlier this used to translate to eating Chicken Biryani or Chicken Soft Noodles during lunch and if its a snack time that would be one plate Rava Masala Dosa or Samosa Cutlet etc.This was during my bachelor times.

After marriage though my appetite has changed for good but my cravings didn't. I only found out yesterday. There were 3 issues plaguing me since last week. Yesterday I was able to successfully close two of them around 5 in the evening. It was snack's time and my regular coterie of friends weren't around. Anup was off to his driving school, Nitin was sick and had taken half day leave and that left only Hegde. Somehow it doesn't work. Anyways my stomach was growling with anticipation.

I rushed to the ground floor where we had the common eateries for the building. My first thought was to have a nice warm soup and be done with it. I went to Shanghai Shef only to be shooed away saying they were closed until 5:30. I then went to sandwich maker but then I thought "Heck I am not going to pay 35 bucks for one sandwhich with two bread slices and some aloo. Come on I almost get to eat whole 4 slices of bread at home once every two weeks or more than that". I ruled that out.

I then went ahead to the general counter where they serve all kinds of assorted food where you get all kinds of chat, poha, samiya, cut mirchi, bajji of various kinds and so on. My first pic was Cut-mirchi. I stood in the queue with 5 guys ahead of me. By the moment two guys left, I had a change of heart. Wasn't it too oily for?. I went back to the menu and then decided I would have dosa. Then again don't I get dosa twice every week, why should I buy and eat? Then I thought samsosa which I outright rejected in my mind. I was also in the queue in the meantime and it was my turn.

Quickly on the spot I decided I am gonna have one Boost. This was done not to embarrass myself as the guy at the counter already saw me in and out of the queue twice. It would be pretty awkward to make a hat-trick of it. Upon finishing my order I had a really good laugh with the way my mind works and no wonder people tell me I am confused all the time. Damn it, the one thing that I want to get rid of but comes back to me like a long lost acquaintance, mingling with you nonstop.

First off I need to get hold of Shrivas, who had recently told me not once but almost 2-3 times in the last week "Itna confused kyon ho bhai?"

No comments: