Monday, October 14, 2013

H to the S to the B to the C - HSBC

My relationship with HSBC dates back to almost 7 years now and they have kept their word not to charge me annually. Few years back when they shortchanged the bonus points, I felt absolutely cheated. A bonus points of 1000 that fetched 750 bucks now gives only 250. They never kept their promise of increasing the credit limit. That was the second shock.

I did inquiry around to immediately looking for alternatives. I mean what the heck why should I keep losing the goodies? The other ones I tried were HDFC, Axis itself and of course the Citi. All these demanded a mandatory clause of 15K spending per year. The reward points too I saw that were actually same across the banks. I stuck to this. On top of all this I am making great effort to stay away from credit.

Excepting for the months expecting variable pay,  we were able to achieve it quite well. For good number of months there were absolute zero transactions. I hope to continue on that.

Anyways the sudden interest in bank has come about because of the latest new security device that the bank has delivered. After completing all the PIN generation and security set up etc. I realized that with the new set of security I would first need to enter my username, password, then enter security device password get the security code, and then enter that number to finally enter it.

Its frustrating to the tilt. Suckers.

No comments: