Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Does Swimming Help in Losing Weight?

Watch this space for the next two weeks to find out.

Finally I have woken myself up at 6'o clock today in the morning, washed my face and set out NGV with the Gladiator at my steed. By the time I reached it was around 6:15. I rushed myself into the office to get the formalities done as quickly as possible. But the folks there really wrecked my enthu , I gotta tell ya. Early in the morning finding yourself in mercy of a someone who takes his own time doing things relaxedly, casually, lazily  as if he has just been granted a month's holiday and he being in middle of arranging his items for the vacation and no care in the world, is one of the sickest experience you can come across.I felt like smashing that thin glass that seperated us both and stuff the money in his pocket and just leave, but good sense prevailed and after what seemed like an hour with my payment I started off towards the pool.

Water was lukewarm, not too cold and there were about 6-8 people in the pond. On enquiry when I have come to know that depth of the pool is same throughout and it's only about 5 ft, I laughed my ass off hearing that. I mean that seemed so kiddish. What about PRO's eh? 5 ft?? Where the hell can I dive? you know as they say, if you wannna win some you gotta lose some, diving in this case. Not that I can dive excellent and all that but I thought finally I have a chance to refine it. Anyways the depth too I thought was okay, not really silly but still compared to the last two pools I have been to, this seems well small to be sure and also like some private pool of a hotel, not exactly rectangular, bushes all around, and a guest house like chaging room. 

All in all once inside I started my laps and then something struck me. I realized how much stamina I had lost. I was puffing, panting at the end of my first lap. I mean that's just horrendous. I remember the time I was in OU where I used to do continous 5 laps and it was much bigger than this. Jeez, man that just scared the hell out of me for a while. I pushed myself without a break and could just about do 1 complete lap. Almost..

There was something else going on in my mind as I was going from one end to the other - How many days it will take to lose my weight??? In this age where instant results are of the highest importance I just couldn't take that question off my mind. And after reading this and this I think if I can stick to this for one month at least, I might as well be the bride with highest no. of hits at Shaadi.com ?? Well...only time will tell...

So, ladies and gentlemen, please pray that I stick with swimming for some time to come at least...please... :) 

No comments: