Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Essay - Part II

(Note:Please read this first for a better clarity. Sometimes I wonder is it necessay to post such things, isn't it obvious, when there is something titled II , there gotta be I and that one with minimum common sense would read that first and then come here? Well naah... I doubt it.)

"Jee...tried really hard. That's the best I could come up with. Could you review it and send me your comments" - I smsed her before I slept after sending her my unfinished tome.

Woke up the next day around 12 with a missed call and a message from Aditi madam wishing me luck and to continue. Lucky enough I was as Eswar was out and I had the whole net to myself, only me, yeah... Finishing my morning chores I opened up lappie and ping, ping sounds were up and running. It seemed it wasn't so lucky after all for everyone. Laxmanji had forgotten her e-support password and for hours she was trying to get it back. And god was she not frustrated and hence couldn't really give her thoughtful comments on my essay leaving "me" much more dampened. Anyways I thought if not mine let her's get through, so I was on the chat trying to know the updates and also told her that I was dropping out due to lack of ideas, that can't go through this anymore as I felt as I was being forced to write and all that. But she was adamant and gave me hints on what I could write about : first gift, food, support, joyous moments, caring moments etc. That sounded reasonable enough but I gave up in my mind and told her I would continue after lunch.

Srinu had brought me Meghna Biryani. It was the second one of the week. I was still feeling groggy and sleepy but the fresh aroma of the delecious dish just woke my spirits up and had a bellyfull lunch. Went back in the room and saw laxman bhai was offline. So she must have finally completed it, good for her. I called her up to congratulate before I went back to sleep. Her voice sounded low and I knew something was up. I got the biggest kick of the day. It's like this. It seems she got her password and that there was no copy paste. Bollocks, that's total crap. Who is gonna type it all over?? Okay, that apart as she was typing she realized she wasn't able to fit in more than one paragraph...

Woah..what was going on? Were we late? Is the D-Day over? Are all our efforts going down the drain? Apparently not. No, it is just that we were too dumb to read the rules. Real dumb. We had a limit of 1000 characters not words. 1000 c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r-s - characters. And that was what was bothering her and as for me I just couldn't take it anymore and burst out laughing incredulously. Holy Crap!!! I mean part of the blame has gotta be on me too for I was the one who had told her much before 1000 words means 1 and a half page and that it's really huge task. So she didn't bother to recheck. But now, I felt real sorry for her. Frankly I couldn't believe when she said she had her essay of 1000 words ready about her dad and I congratulated her wholeheartedly for her achivement. It seemed all waste now. Anyways she said she was trying hard to cut down the sentences and make reperations.

But one good thing out of all this was I still had a bit of hope. I could see a more realistic goal now. I talked with her little while longer profusely empathising with her and thanking her the same to finish what I have completed - one of the most difficult tasks of my life.Phew....DAMN...Gotta Essay to write... With a huge smile on my face and with immense happiness I set out to Hrithik's place. I was like a zombie there half-listening half-thinking of the essay and not at all interested to stay there further. As soon as the "things" finished rushed back home and shut myself inside the room. It was around 6:30 my second innings began...

A great excitement was building within as I waited the com to power up. 1000 characters. yippie. But like a moth struck by lightning by the time I had the cursor ready with the first letter I was clueless again. But then I realized if I can't do this I would never be able to forgive myself for all the efforts that I had put in for the last few days. With the help of my last writeup and after a large amount of editing, I finally completed it around 9:30. 3 full hours. My, my...horrendous by any standards and a wake up call to my thinking and writing abilities too...

No comments: