Friday, July 20, 2007

THE Day before the H-Day

If your first thought is : What is a H-Day? Forget it...no wonder there are some illegal aliens roaming around.
H for Harry mate..you see..that simple it is. Phew...After having played an hour of t.t (losing all the matches excepting one ...10 matches in total ) I just couldn't help myself running out to my ODC to blog my feelings. There is exactly 45 minutes before I can catch a bus. So you got the setting now I guess. Am freaking excited.


A thought struck me when I was about to sleep yesterday. This probably might be my first and last time ever to be part of World-Wide frenzy. Hysteria sorrounding iPhone is probably when the whole media sat up to catch up the shopper's lurking around the stores to get their hands on. I couldn't be part of it. There might be a time when something extraordinary comes up which puts the people out of bed past midnight but 100 to 1 chances are it happens not in India. Again there might be a chance I might be there at that moment part of That crowd. But again there are many 'mights'....

You might be wondering are they not people thronging for the first day, first show or the people coming in hordes for watching matches at stadia round the world say for the next Soccer World Cup. Try to notice the difference here...these events are not about buying a Thing...it's not a consumerist hysteria. It is a collective mass hysteria. So in that regard, there is hell of a time before some thing like that comes up.
So I feel kinda of special being part of it and I sure would relish the joy. Oppurtunity did present itself during the time of 6th book release but Campus recruitment were going on, so had to postpone. This time it's different. It's the last book and from the suspense sorrounding either Voldemort has to go or....who else... Harry... This adds a bit more suspense and aroma to the whole flavor.

Now coming to the things at hand, I was bullied around like no other day. I, Karthik, who I think can contain my emotions and not get carried off by bullying was for once helpless. Begging around not to torment, pleading for patience, warning for further intervention, and almost to the verge of breaking THE very bonds that is hurting me even now, I went on with the constant refrains:

Mild:
'Please dude...don't do this...don't say anything...no spoiler at all...I just can't take it man...Try to understand...'
Average:
'What the heck...arey...let's not talk about the book at all..period...Anything but the book..please...
Anything ...'

The Limit
'Look it's not funny anymore...I am not like this...but this time I want the suspense to be held. Things would be bad if this goes on mate...between us that is..'
Jash,Joy,Ganesh, Adarsh and thankfully not Ranjit, Ms.Ponnan did try hard you see. And goodness me what a stroke of luck I had. POP ..came the message down under the tray bar:
'Adarsh has sent a mail '..I just clicked it...
The first words were enough to close the message down and press delete. Soooooooo close...what an escape. Poor guy...he is clueless even now how did I manage to escape the spoiler and he thinks there is some third party involved in the rescue operation....He he he he ...if only he knew...
I don't want to bore anything with my work, so nothing on that regard. Anywas as I was saying the excitement has just begun.

Watch out for what happened next.....................
(Arrey baba... I mean tomorrow: the day after the H-Day....)
to be continued...

No comments: