Sunday, July 22, 2007

Was it worth the Wait???

"Am I really stupid? Is it really that necessary to go so early and get?" was my first thought as the alarm rang from the phone. Even after that gung-ho I made with my previous post the true reason for me to get the book and complete was becuase I didn't want Anyone telling me the spoiler. Else who the hell cares about being part of the crowd???

Brushing my teeth I set out to FORUM. The guard at the entrance guided me to the parking lot from where I was sent to second floor from stairs. I was in for a shock. There was such a huge queue I thought for a while I was imagining. From the look of it I didn't expect so much crowd to turn out. Starting from the entrance the lining went around the 'Firangi Pani' to the 'Sweet House' and all the way back till 'Pizza Hut'. More was in store. What really piqued me was the "children" section was not the most rather there were more of teenagers and tweenagers. Not to mention old people too. Standing there I saw more and more people coming, some alone, a boy or a girl accompanied by a parent. I desperately wanted a Cam with me to take in that moment. I saw many of them taking pictures .Words of SwamiNaidu rang back "You never know when they (moments) come, when they do you shouldn't be at loss and cursing yourself". A phone with a cam is worth...(if you can rhyme it ...do it on the comments... :) )

Sunaina of Radio Indigo was there to start the proceedings and everything there was on air. The crowd cheered along as the curtains closed down with a countdown. The crowd started milling in slowly and it was excruciating wait. Finally I rested my hands on the book and went straight to Jash's room and began reading. On the way I picked up a big packet of Lays that was over in an hour of my reading...

Without wasting much of your time further...it is worth it...I mean the book is worth the wait and is one heck of a book There are more than enough deaths in this one and not all at one time. The action starts right from the word go. Harry, Ron and Hermoine fill the book entirely so much so that Hogwarts, their professors are all cut off from the narrative. So if you are expecting to see detentions, quidditch, some bantering just forget it. This should have been obvious given the way the last book has ended they have much more important tasks at hand that is to find and destroy the Horcuxes.

We get to see a more mature Harry who is faced with so many responsiblites and difficulties. Without Dumbledore and his advices I was hoping against hope he would resurface in a dramatic fashion akin to Gandalf the White in Lord of the Rings. With that in mind my impatient was brewing with every chapter. Before I set on reading , I wondered may be there would be someone else who might have taken up Dumbledore's place and continue to guide him. But it turns out all he has is himself and his best friends. Through series of violent (as I said there is much too action in this book...)and miraculous escapades the task of destroying the Horcuxes goes on.

This saga is a very very well thought out one and it shows a lot. All must have been familiar by now the intricacies and the links that Rowling patches up between the previous ones. This too has some that takes you back as far as the first one. You see Ollivander, Gringotts guard surfacing and they play a part in this.

There is utter chaos on the streets. Ministry of Magic is overthrown. Both muggles and non-muggles are under dangere. Death eaters are let loose, and so is the HeadMaster. You will get to know the REAL Dumbledore and Snape's tales in this that changes everything you know so far. Like all the climatic showdowns of sagas the battle of good and evil takes place with Hogwarts as the battleground. Who wins? Who Survies? (If you haven't read the leaked ones and also the blasphemous New York Times Review) I suggest feel the heat yourself. Don't let anyone spoil the fun for you.

The only glitch in the book is the Epilogue: whcih it could have been done without. All in all an enjoyable saga. Years to come one truly will miss Harry and his adventures. I for one would be reading all the seven in near future. Let me see how my thoughts are then..

Enjoy Reading!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: