Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fun with Movies on Volvos!


Yesterday I was on the bus from Hyderabad to Eluru. Unlike the regular buses that start as expected and land at the destination as expected these buses are one hellava exception. They first take you from Madhapur to a pick-up point and then your waiting starts. I had waited almost hour and a half. Quite Irritating.

Much before net on the phone, I always used to spend my time reading some novel. They just whisk away the time and make you wonder if there was any waiting at all. Now I have altogether interesting way to do the same by reading the blog posts via the fantastic Google Reader app. Of late I am not having the time I need to read the blogs at office, hence the unread count keeps going on and at certain point you lose it. I can't remember when was the last time I was updated with Mashable/GigaOm posts. If I see any of my friends posts I would of course read it then and there and the same applies to some rare and best blog that I folllow especially Jabberwocky. There I was flicking through the Likaeable Bloggers category and reading all the new ones. I loved reading the one on Sports and one with Xena. So cute.

Once on the bus my thoughts were focused on the movie that was being played. Getting very impatient with the guy blocking my way in the middle who couldn't figure out his seat number and kept asking the driver (emandi seat number 44 ekkadandi?). It was right at the end. I pushed him aside, got my window seat and then got immense unbelievable satisfaction of watching the T.V. on a volvo. It was Allari Naresh movie and good fun too. It looked recent and I was little sad that the movie was in its second half. I unconditionally love all the journeys in the Volvo's for the sole purpose of watching a movie in it. I get so pissed off during those rides when I find that for some mechanical/electrical trouble, movie becomes unavailable. There is something about the journey and luxury of watching a movie alongside that makes the ride so very comfortable. Has anyone felt that? Of course that's not to say every movie they keep is a blockbuster but most of it, even though I might have seen it before, I still enjoy it. I think that's one of the great things here in India. Back at Europe when I was touring between the countries those buses lacked this basic commodity. I used to pity them a lot for missing this out but again they had WC fitted in the bus. That's something we need to catch on. Anyways if I haven't been clear enough so far, I LOVE volvo bus rides with movie in them.

No comments: