Monday, April 21, 2014

Dear Baby - 5

Dearest bangaru konda

Your Nanna is becoming bit lazy. This was a post which had to be posted yesterday but got delayed by a day. Before it gets any more late I wanted to quickly write this off.

As I type this, I am hearing a series of sounds coming from somewhere near to our house where a mother is reciting names and relations such as "Nannnaaa..ammmaaa...." in a tuneful repetition. Its really sweet to hear and I will with full certainty teach you the same. The main topic for today is the surprise that we pulled off on your Amma.

Your Amma had taken off for 3 days over a weekend starting last Friday to this week's Tuesday and had gone off to Ammamma's place for nice rest. Dadi and I packed our bags for weekend and went to Guntur to spend some time with your chutku brother Ram. This was the only time we can spend with him as he and Gautami were planning to go to Vempalli. We had wonderous time with, shook quite a leg, heard him make lot of complaints, praises all in his baby language. Will post some pics someday.

Meanwhile Jeijayya had other plans. He had ordered some nice baby photo prints that can be stuck on the walls. I was planning to do the same once I was back to Hyderabad but as you know Jeijayya plans really far ahead. I was very happy with the initial two prints that came. I then selected 3 more from a collection of 20 which were brought the next day to the house i.e. on Sunday.

I wanted to maintain this as surprise and never once told Amma after I came back. The Monday was spent talking with her on phone and going on usual with the day's chores. In the evening though Dadi kind of tricked me saying he had told Amma all about the posters. I was bit disappointed but still I maintained the facade the next day too when I spoke to your Amma and made no mention of posters. Tuesday night, I stuck all the posters in the bedroom.

Dadi too was fully excited and she came in to sneak a peek as she too didn't have time to see them at Guntur. She was ecstatic and happy on seeing them. She also made observation that there were only 2 boys in the posters and the rest all were girls and wondered what would you think if it's not balanced well. As you know we very much want you to be the cutest sweetest girl of all and are very much hoping it would be girl. A name too is decided and that would be Maya. For boy it's still on the lookout.

On Wednesday unbenowkn to me your Amma on her way back from Ammamma's house had first stopped by at the house in the morning and then had gone to office. Over phone that day as part of our daily morning talk's she was bit livid with the state of things. You know the usual "the dining table was so messy","so much dust near kitchen, did you even once dust the bed cover( I did daily), " etc. She is a cleanliness freak that your Dadi and I can never hope to be.

Through all the conversations, I was hoping she would say something about the posters in the room but she didn't. She made it clear that she had gone inside the room to drop the bag. I too didn't prod and somehow understanding sunk in that Dadi may not have told her about it either.

That excitement of surprise made my rest of the day swoosh by. I wrapped up my work as fast as I could (7:00 P.M.!) and rushed home. She gave a nice warm hug and was all praise for the posters. She loved them all. Whenever we enter the room now it gives such a fuzzy feeling and it increases our anticipation of your arrival. In the night however your Amma had a very strange question to ask "Why aren't you loving me as much as you were loving me before? It decreased a bit" to which I have no idea what to reply. Poor thing she is as much a baby as you are and one of the best mums ever.

That's all for now..more on next post..

With lots of kisses and cuddles,
Nanna..

No comments: