Monday, April 21, 2014

Dear Baby

Dear Baby

3rd February, 2014 - the day you were first detected. For over a week ending January, ever since your mom started missing the dates, the anxiety started growing steadily. First it was 2 days delay, an acceptable one. Then a day more led to slight worry. Another 2 days, mom was quite certain but we both decided not to go for pregnancy test until Ramashrith namakarnam was over.

Prat, Gautami had to come to India along with their cutest 3-month baby Ramashrith on 28th Jan. The next three days were quite busiest for both of us. I had taken leave for 3 days till 31st and your mom took a single day off. The whole of 29th was spent in shopping for Gautami's clothes. We roamed good number of shops till Gautami was satisfied. The next two days were the time I realized what a beautiful thing baby is.

Anyway after we came back from Gandi all the thoughts in my office were about the impending pregnancy test. I went early in a hope to catch up home early but it was not to be. Had a call at 7, then another pending task after which I finally reached home by 8:30 in the night. I was thinking your mom would have got the results by the time I reach. In actual though she was as tensed as I was and she wanted to check with me being there. She had bought only one pregnancy test kit and with my movie knowledge that didn't sound right. I saw good number of films where main pratogonist holds at least 4-5 kits in their hands for testing. It didn't sound right that there was only one. Immediately after dinner I rushed out of the house, went to the nearest drug store and brought 3 additional kits.

When I reached home, there she was your mom eyes fully moist, hugging me and telling me the sweetest news of my life that she tested positive. Two lines that's all it takes. Frankly it took some time for the news to sink in and the more and more I thought about it, happiness started swelling within.

Holding on to small tiny body, the little fingers, tiniest feet everything about Aashrith I loved it. Your Mom and I were in agreement to hold family planning till 2 years which is exactly how this has turned out to be. I couldn't have hoped for a better timing.

For few days since last week my thoughts were only on one thing, I want to be a dad you would be proud of. I want to be a dad with whom you would want to play all day long, I want to be a dad who is focused, determined, sincere and hard-working, healthy.

One of the first steps to achieve this was to restart my jogging routine which I am proud to say I did. There are many more such small goals which I want to take step by step and will keep you updated over the weeks.

Until then this post would be our little secret, which I haven't even shared with your mom.

With loads of love,
Nanna

No comments: