Friday, April 25, 2014

Dear Baby - 9

Hello my sweet munchkin

On Monday this week I revealed to Amma about our secret exchanges. Prior to this I published all the drafts and finally sent a mail to her. As expected she was pleasantly surprised and waterworks were in full flow. I didn't really see it but she mailed back saying she couldn't control her joyful tears.

She was extremely happy and overjoyed. I prodded her to write one herself for you but she says since I write better, I should continue. Don't worry, one day I will get her to write for you. So update update update -

We have gone for the doc checkup and this time it was a pretty short one. I for one was having dizzy feeling and felt kinda out of place sitting there as my mind was totally consumed by my work at office. I realize on retrospect this isn't a good thing. I blame it mostly on my jogging routine that has stopped. For almost two weeks now I haven't been going. Work at office has spiked up and am have become quite lazy to get up. Also sadly I have put on weight and my pants too have become tight. Ain't a good sign.

Well, I got completely sidetracked right? So back to the doctor visit. Firstly Dr.Evita checked the sugar level report and confirmed that the readings were good, the sugar being under control, and cautioned her to be little careful in consuming sugary foods. She went on to say in 3-4 weeks time Amma would start feeling you inside much more prominently, indicating your growth and your activities inside the stomach. The time to start walking or exercising has come and your Amma needs to do it at an hour per day at least 4 times a week. I guess you can say this week its going to be a miss as she is feeling 'very tired' both in the morning and evening. I quoted it because on or off pregnancy your Amma isn't much interested in exercising, even walks for that matter. So I have to push her to do it. With work at high flow this week, I am not able to keep that extra effort. Next week I promise to take you both to a nice walk as prescribed. She also suggested pre-natal yoga sessions. I would need to speak with some folks to understand how useful or needful it is. I would be calling Nikhil's mom to find out. I remember Amma mentioning something about it quite early in the pregnancy that she would need to do some yoga etc. She does have interest, need to know the need.

 Amma had list of questions to ask such as Is it safe to continue driving? Yes, pefectly safe. What kind of food precautions to take? Please consult our expert dietitians. I felt really dizzy once, could it be because of fluctuating hormones during pregnancy etc. Don't remember her answer. I am having slight back pain of late, is this expected? Please consult our massage therapists.

Suffice it to say Fernandez is a multi-specialty hospital and they have enough branches for each problem. It felt like a unabashed advertising for all the services much like how insurance agents lure you to various schemes. We didn't say anything and as per what she advised have taken appointments for each. This wednesday was supposed to be session with dietitians, didn't happen. One good suggestion though was to have appointment with endocrinoligist, to have recheck on thyroid level. This is scheduled for Saturday evening time. This we both felt is very much necessary.

It isn't that we are very cynical about doctors but these aren't the usual people that Amma's friends had been to and not very much needed. I for one to get some assurance that we are on right path would need to start reading about things that matter and be armed with - Baby books. All about pregnancy I mean. It's fifth month running and am yet to do any basic homework. All I feel is being in shoes of Seth Rogen in Knocked Up where he is so overwhelmed that he buys and reads up the baby books.

I need to get my stuff right. I promise you by the next time I post I will be better armed. One more thing, we also had some discussions on Srimantham and it is still undecided where to have it. Updates soon to come.

With kisses and hugs,
Nanna..

No comments: