Monday, April 21, 2014

Dear Baby - About Amma

Hello my sweetie pie,

Today I want to dedicate this post to your Amma and tell you why my love for her keeps increasing year on year.

A bit of nostalgia to start with -
Here is what I wrote about her when we created a wedsite to announce our wedding invite to all our colleagues and friends. -

"How did you meet her?"

"What is she Like"

"Is she compatible"

"Tell us more man. How did this all happen?"

All these questions and more would be answered with this "short, crisp, and make it small" description.i (as instructed - ekkuva sodi rayaku)

Writing about her reminds me of the days when Testimonials were of great craze. Samhitha a.k.a Sammu, born and brought up in Hyderabad is a pucca Hyderabadi. I met her over a plate of Idli's at Chutney's. Unlike the regular family gathering set-up, we actually had a sweet date, the events of which we still remember as if it has happened yseterday - the talks we had, the opinions we framed and how lucky we are to have eachother. It was a really special moment with some unforgettable memories that will stay on with us.

She is also known by so many names that it would take a seperate post for that - Bips for one (spot on ain't it?), Fattu and so on but the name she loves and the one most call her by is Sammu. She just hates people calling her Bhabhi/Vadina (getting the hint?). Right from schooling to her job she has been around the Begumpet/Himayat Nagar area and she knows every nook and corner round there. With her office now moved to Hi-Tech city her horizons expanded a lot more. She is a great foodie and loves trying new restaurants, new dishes and new joints. A huge Mahesh Babu fan almost falling just short of searching for guy by the name Mahesh to wed with(thank God for that!). The first thing that strikes to anyone is her beautiful smile. She has got the cutest smile that stretches from ear to ear - a full fledged heartful smile which can easily melt anyone's heart. Quite frankly, that's what I love about her the most. She easily gets along with anyone and has got amazing set of friends. She believes in enjoying each moment as it comes, highly expressive and is so much fun to be with. Music is her passion. She is a veteran singer herself and has given performances at various musical concerts. Classical singing is her forte but she has the ability to mould her voice to suit any song and I just stare in awe and wonder everytime I watch her sing. It gets me lost in trance and I feel very special to have her in my life.

I have had one of the best moments in my life ever since we got hitched. I have changed myself over and over again, became more committed in managing my work and life balance, set new goals, lost good enough weight and enjoying every bit of it. She inspires me to become a better person every day with her positive attitude towards life. I just can't wait to get married and begin the next exciting journey of my life.

Suffice it to say, the journey has been one hellava ride so far. Sometimes she complains I don't write much about our lives or our adventures. It's true for some extent. This isn't a conscious decision. It's just a writer's block. I keep hitting that imaginary wall in recurrent interval. As to the subject of us, I don't know if our small fights and make-ups are worth letting the world know.

Amma is one of the most dedicated wives and if there is a competition for cleanliness and maintenance, she would ace it. She takes care of the house as if it were a baby. Methodically every she sets aside a routine to cleanse all the items in the house by dusting it. Starting from drawing room, dining room to bedroom she takes up a cleaning cloth and wipes things like sofas, T.V, showcase items, pictures hanging on the wall. She does it with such precision and such sincerity, every single day, never complaining never giving up. Even with you in her stomach, she is relentless in her pursuit of cleaning. Trust me I know it is one of the hardest things to do - maintaining punctuality and interest. I am sure another month or two, she wouldn't be able to do all these things. I would like to assure her that I am there to take up this work, for which I first should be able to get my routine properly organized.

Aside from that she is an open book. She doesn't hide her emotions behind a veiled mask and speaks her mind out. This sometimes comes out like a angry tirade or sometimes a non-committal sentence. This is a very important trait that I love about her. Some people just hide the feelings and by keeping it inside themselves let it manifest into a bigger problem. Before you know it, they will start pointing mistakes for every single thing you do. Your Amma though lets it out, we discuss about it, weigh the outcomes and stick to it. Of course it is important to note that she is little short-tempered. But as much angry she can become, within few moments, give or take 30 - 60 minutes she calms down, and comes back to you with twice the love.

Let's say this is part -I. Many more parts to come.

With Love..
Nanna.

No comments: