Monday, July 02, 2012

Jogging/Running Lessons


Ever since the project has gone live, I feel as I am re-living each day with the same uneasy feeling of boredom and frustration. Being pushed to support and with not many incidents in queue, I am just whiling away my time. Its almost 3 weeks now with such state.

I need to do something before this gets out of hand. Turning this into opportunity for me to expand my knowledge is gonna be a biggest challenge for me. Even if I can spend 2 hours a day I can reach the target and I resolve to accomplish that. There is a reason for this new found confidence in me. Over the last few weeks barring a day or two I have successfully jogged 2 kilometers in the morning. This forms my favorite part of the day and it has improved me in lot many ways.

I have lost good bit of weight. I am now very chosy about the food I eat. Oily foods, Chicken Biryani, Chicken Soft Noodles,Delhi ki mushoor Kulfi,  Snickers, Chicken Manchuria,Fried Rice, Khaju Barfi, Omlettes, Chocolates in general, Rasmalai, Chocolate Ice-cream so many of favorite things I have cut down. I don't repent a bit. Mind you, controlling the desire of food is only tip of the iceberg. Jogging 10 rounds in the ground is the toughest part.

I am amazed at how arduous the seemingly simple task is to implement. I get up in the morning, freshen up and set to go to the park. I stretch for a while and then begin my jog. The first round seems simple enough and then couting begins - 9 more to go, 8 more to go and so on. I try to divert my mind on something say thinking about any module within the system or thinking about a movie or thinking about the day's activity or my favorite - thinking about the marriage time. There are some days when I wanted to give up after the first round feeling slight pain in the stomach and sometimes this happened during the 4th or 5th round. I never succumbed but pushed myself hard to complete the rounds and stick to the routine and successfully did it and touch-wood, continue to do it in the future. It’s a constant fight with your mind and body to exert and push and sticking to the target. There is also weather I need to fight with. Every time it rains first thing I pray "Oh God, please don't let the ground wet". I am then forced to do my exercise routine indoors.

This involves 15 surya namaskaras followed by crunches and ab exercises. Though I sweat, it is not as fulfilling as running/jogging a full 10 rounds.

It is now I realize this focus is what is missing coming to current state of work. If somehow I can fix my mind to put that effort in reading the books and practising stuff I can do hellava things. The bigger picture to take note is this "resolve" to do needs to get ingrained. I have lot many things that I have planned myself to accomplish as listed below- (First off, I need to buy that darn whiteboard and stick it in the bedroom)

Learn Foreign Language - Preferebly French/Spanish
Learn Salsa
Learn Musical Instrument
Learn Golf
Learn SSAS
Run 5K Marathon


That's for now.

No comments: