Sunday, July 08, 2012

Kar Chronicles - Jul 8

Woke up around 6:45 today thanks to Nanna's Galaxy Tab lying outside on the dining table. My alarm on phone was quietly "Stopped" not "Snoozed" by my sweetheart. By the time we hit the bed yesterday it was around 2:00 A.M. Understandably she didn't want my precious sleep taken away. 

I peeped outside my bedroom window, could see some sun light pouring in. Yesterday I had to forcibly skip my morning jogs and I also had eaten a lot in the last two days. So I got up, got ready and was out on the road by 7:10.

I reached the ground and began taking doing my warm up exercises. I saw two cute girls holding shuttle rackets which were almost their height facing each other with about 5 feet apart and trying very hard to make contact with the shuttlecock. It was quite windy. I started with my leg press exercise i.e. standing upright, bending your right knee backward while keeping the left leg straight and holding in that position by the right hand for about 15 seconds.I did the same with left leg this time. When I was about to do the second rep I heard one of them say "Uncle, you already finished that leg". I told her I was repeating.

As I was proceeding to do the fourth rep, with way of reminding, the same cute girl frantically shook her  hand in the air. Once she got my attention, she did some mock leg stretch to tell me I needed to do that. It was such a cute site. I wanted to lift her and give her a nice kiss. I gave her a smile, told her that I had few more reps to do before I came to that exercise.

I then proceeded to do my leg stretch.

Pat came a question "Uncle, do you come everyday"
"Yes"
"Oh..but it is so difficult no?"
"Ya..little difficult. And you?"
"Only Papa gets up sometime and takes me, otherwise I can't come daily" she replied with a cute smile. It was time proceed with my jog. So I told both of them one really strong advice "Don't play shuttle in this atmosphere. Its too windy. You can jog if you want" and off I went.

Came back home, finished my quota of crunches. Feels good. Really good.

P.S. - Had to forcibly skip my jog yesterday and couldn't do it either in the morning or evening. The morning is thanks to Lester, my onsite manager. He just ate our brain non-stop for at least 2 hours on the phone. Even a routine home exercises at home was not possible. 

No comments: