Thursday, September 13, 2007

Another Seldon Crisis?

Am I seeing another Seldong crisis in my life? Where did I land up? How did this happen? Why does it happen to us? (People of Non-Galactic empire enlighten yourself...click here ).

Only few blogs before, none could have been the happiest people but us after finally finding the fruits of labour. Life again has played dirty tricks on us. Just when we were moving out for good from the ever-so-troubling and everlasting, non-ending-teleserial like Dashboard, we are greeted hard pataaaaaaaaaak on our face. How dare we even think of being happy?

Okay, now for the details, it's been two days into the NEW project i.e. SMART project and only yesterday I saw the nuke falling on my head. Day before yesterday I came to know I would be working for SQL end whereas Ranjit was left to understand ASP using VB 6 IDE. He started making scene, the look on his face, the dejection in his voice I thought the only thing that was left was crying. He was desperately looking for release. He wanted none of it.

I tried to reason with him, sat with him understood some part of his project, told him that not everything is outdated and it is similar to .Net and just that some more effort has to be put up. All the while I was thinking what would I have done in his place, thanking myself it is good I won't have to learn outdated ones.

Fast Forwarding a bit more... I didn't have to think because my fate is the same. Well cut_copy_paste Ranjit's feelings - my feelings. My words of comfort were still fresh in my mind. But one thing I couldn't convince him or myself is the fact that there would be no value in the future for the kind of technology we are asked to work on . I mean with VB 6 in my resume how much value would it be? It is as if our careers are ruined and that too early in the life.

I thought my first blog after entering NEW project (how ironic) would be about my team , the new cubicle, my adjustement to shift etc. but never did I think I would be crying like a school kid on being given less marks. Days to come will I truly know how I will come out this crisis...

No comments: