Friday, September 07, 2007

What for Fasting for ???

It's been more than a month since I have begun fasting on Thursdays. Ganesh, Sneha, and few of others were doing it for ages , so I thought why not??. Kishore uncle once told long back our stomach is also like one of those countless machines on this planet that works 24 * 7 non-stop and one needs to give it a break occasionally. Added to this was also the fact that we i.e. Srinu and me have long since abandoned any attempt to resume jogging which for..hold your breath...20 continuous weekdays. We ain't doing nothing now to stem the growth of abnormal fat.

At least I play T.T twice a week for 2 hours at stretch to get my relaxation. Well that's the primary reason I started fasting and at 5 in the evening it ends. This week it wreaked havoc in me. Around 4 I was terribly hungry and was dying to eat whatever is available. I wasn't able to control myself. After coming to know from Ganesh that he fasts till 8 that makes me feel even more bad.

It doesn't make any sense. Yesterday after 5 I had 1 plate vada, then around 8 1 Chilli cheese sandwich. Last week I just gobbled up 1 rumali roti with chicken curry at 7. The whole point of regulating the body is wasted? What then I am fasting for?? Let's see if the weeks to come if I can improve. If I can't it's better I give up fasting than having a false pretense...

No comments: