Friday, September 07, 2007

Elsevier to the rescue...Sad departures...2 of 2

Read 1 of 2 before you regret knowing the climax of the story...

These were the best conditions would be a understatement. It is absolutely incredulous offer. A offer one can't refurse. But I had my own doubts and clarifications. So I asked them if I could get back to them later. "For what??" came the resounding response. Did I make a mistake? I just wanted someone's opinion on how the job is going to be and now that there is a chance of saying 'no' I didn't want myself in something like the kind of job Terence, Kranthi is in where they require no technical skills at all. Their job involved understanding a system and to monitor it. It is something similar to learning how to work with MS Word and help anyone with problems working with it. Man, after working real hard in gaining expertise in .Net with whatever I gained, I didn't want my learning curve to stagnate and put my technical experience on hold. No, I wanted to make sure it was not Excel or ticket monitoring type.

Well they were surprised on me asking them anyway and have agreed to it. That's that I got back to the room and realized that fight would be between only two as Sari on hearing "second shift" had dropped out. Marriage has it's own problems...so sad and glad at least for our (ranjit and me) sake. It stands out 50-50 chance. We filed out of ODC and went to Amit's birthday celebrations.

From the time we came out I knew things weren't going to be the same. No matter who does get into it, there will be a void, some uknown gap. Bhav's departure did alter the things but I guess the thread was cut long back as she drifted in and out to a Motorola training and stuff. With her out most of the times and doing some job for our ME Dashboard her absence really didn't find us wanting. It was always us mostly moving here and there, getting into discussions, petty arguments, and doubts. With 3 left and 1 moving out it is going to hurt...


We were so badly bored and tired with the present dashboad that no day passes by thinking about who is going to save us from this misery. With this there is going to be some change and faster action. I guess there is no point in looking for a resource and I am not sure who would be coming for replacement. I mean say days from even the leftover 2 will disapear we would DEFINITELY need one guy with good technical knowledge both in .Net and SQL for maintainence and further enhancement of the website.


Whatever the case I am glad I was part of this team. Going through so many ups and downs, RM after RM, dashboard after dashboard ( first it was EA, now M&E ...) doing samething over and over again, jaise Swati ne kaha ..."you are used to it na...", making fun of RM, eating at odd timings, staying back to play T.T, sharing the sweet joy of achievement in having completed a tough task, pulling each other ,teasing each other and also there were heated discussions. So many things. M&E dashboard days will have a new twist in the tale.

Somehow I was 100% sure that we weren't going to be seperated , that we were all together going to be put in someother project. A sad twist in the end. It is like losing some part of your body... I know there is no place for emotions but can't help feeling sad about the departure.

Finally we Rocked and I am sure wherever we are and wherever we are going to be the spirit would be the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Watch out here for the fabulous three .....

No comments: