Saturday, September 08, 2007

Gotcha....Gotcha ..Gotcha...

Balraj broke the news unofficially to us through communicator. He overheard the conversation and between Sudha and Srikanth. Pinged through communicator and said
"Dont' come here... "

...A pause...Wierd...Well I thought he was trying to say not to disturb him.

"I have something important to say...just look at the sceen in front of you...you both are selected...".

I immediately let out a cry of joy before Sari shhhhhed me down.. More typing...But my impatience grew , I wanted to know more...

"Which screen mate?? How do you know...thanks..." all simultaneously.
"Arey...yaar the news is unofficial and Sudha ko malum pada tho mere sir katega...."
"So come over here then.."

So that's why the whole secrecy drama.The timing was perfect. Sudha was out. Balraj and Swati had come over to our cubicles and he gave the finer details. He said we both are selected. He also mentioned that for 6 weeks we would be unbilled (my foot, who cares...get me outa here...) From the discussion he overheard he pointed out that migration might have small hiccup in terms of we being held back little for the completion of project. I guess I should have told him ANY other detail he was relaying was just going off the head as one thing occupied our thought, we were selected to a project, we were free...

Srinu ( my fellow roommate...) was surprised why I was making such gung-ho about getting into a project, so must be some of you readers, and made a point saying that's what we are recruited for in the first place. To compltet projects which obviously clients provide. Well my answer to that is simple ...can you imagine what would a drop of water mean to a man dying of thirst??? Put us in his place....we desperately were waiting for a break and when something like this comes from highly unexpected events the joy is tremendous....

We thought may be Sudha would delay the news to us til she finalizes the finer details with Srikanth and let us know how to proceed on Monday. She didn't, she called us only 5 minutes later and told us about the news. A good show was put up by us to act as unknown and I also added authenticity to it by asking as she was going on explaining " Sudha, who is selected ? " ever so innocenlty.

We went back to Sari who was also quite excited about the prospect and congratulated us yet again. Ranjit was quick to message everyone about the news but I , if you know me well by now, preferred to relay the message by mail..Well for one we wanted to wrap the project by completing the left overs that is the reports and some module checking. But somehow couldn't really sit before our machines and start doing it. We were still digesting the news.

We had a long talk again. " I would miss you both a lot..." said sari and we went on pulling each other about who is the imitator and who would be imitated. This was completely surreal, first they wanted only one, now both. I was thinking if I (if selected) would be a bit lonely for a while in the new team, getting to understand the basics and adjusting in the new environment. But with Ranjit as company I would have hell of a time....

Well..only time will tell how this new venture is going to turn us out... Then again it is better to take one at a time.. savoring the journey rather than the destination itself....

1 comment:

Balraj said...

i just wanna say "best of luck to both of u....."

will miss ur "HOLY CRAP"


Do remember to ping us.....

have great future ahead...