Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Day before THE BIG C-3

The Final Moments of Confrontation:

I ascend the lift with lot of dust in my eyes and rust in my head. (bad comparision i know...). I see a two new pair of chappal...but one of a lady. Feel little sad and happy at the sametime. Sad because the computer guy hasn't turned up...happy because there is someone else who 'parent's would be busy with.

Then i see only atha being there and computer guy just taking out all the things out... i am all smiles...It's like a dream come true...all the parts assembled here and there....he just taking out the hard disk and fixing it ..the dvd writer yet to be fixed...I was liking a child with a candy savoring each and every moment of it..To top it all there was not a word from nanna or amma regarding the hike...nothing not a bit....woooooh....what a relief that gave me...

I took out my digi cam ...took every pic of unassembled products. The headphones, CREATIVE speakers, webcam, the gaint screen...everything going right according to the plan. I wasn't happy on knowing that headphones can't be placed in place. I was literally mad about it. I specifically asked them for that. So in a last attempt he did phone the people to find out about the possibility. It was only when i came to know that there were bad experiences with the headphone connection in front and that it affects both RAM and ROM did i cool down. Everything else perfect. Four USB Cables...what more could i ask for.

Not everything was proper though. To start off...Mr.RAM didn't bring the slab i requested nor the power button. Then I felt like kicking myself for being so reckless regarding saving some files. The Birthday photos were gone. Vanished. Mom would chicken fry me. And she is going to have a sumptuous dinner inspite of Chicken flu scare. I haven't told her yet..planning not to...
Then this guy says it is a great discomfort for him to transfer the data from old hdd to new one.

I give a damn. Time ain't a factor, so without being so very blunt i spelt it out clearly what i would be doing. So began the process of formatting. Loading a new OS, then comes the new Office 2003. the system just is lightning fast.

One Good Thing That Day:
He was shocked, surprised and yet tried to put up a brave face on knowing the kind of softwares i have. He would love to get his hands on them. I have come a long way from the time me asking him for all the softwares and calling him to find out when i can come and take them. So he says a small interesting story about someone who hardly knew anything about the softwares et all to a person who knows everthing in a matter of few months. (Was he trying to indirectly refer to me...I ponder now) That was a moment of pride. The knowledge update i have obtained. The last time he really screwed my system up with unnecessary steps. Not the same mistake again.

I saw each and everything , not missing a moment of what he is doing. The best moments came when he has done putting speakers up. On playing the song 'Hrudayam Ekkadunnadi' my heart literally didn't knwo where it went. Oh my God!! it just has awsome SOUND... I am going to relish it all my life..

With that he leaves me...and the day isn't over yet...

No comments: