Friday, March 03, 2006

"Yester"Day dominated by Euphoria

I had to forcefully pull myself to write this. I am forcing all the negative forces that tell me: You can do it later, why such a hurry? If not today tomorrow???????. Procrastination has done so much bad for me. All my zeal and energy have been sapped. So many things I wanted to write and share. That's all another issue.

It was around 11'0 clock I started off to the college and on the way I was pleasently surprised to find Mr.Dhana asking for a lift. I couldn't take when he said:This Scooter is not fit for you!! I believe it doesn't matter what transport you use as long as you can go from place A to place B. Of course being the only one in the college bringing scooter does make me oddball.

Once in the college I first loitered around to find 'mykind' of people, couldn't. Then i saw my associate, Visu, and Brainy walking towards me with a mixed feeling of dejection and boredom. Dejected??- HOD asked them to come to discuss project today.
Boredom??- they are bored by all the events around.
Same was the case with me for sometime. There weren't much to discuss between ourselves except for the pleasentries. It was then I realized how much I was missing not being in part of the organising the event. I see all my juniors and some of those 'extroverted' candidates of our college pouring all they can towards preparing a gala event. I had to take up something, what?

Mr.Wipro is a very busy man. I thought I could share some of his burden. First task given try bringing the mike from the seminar hall. Whom to contact? first Mr.CrackedNut , then CSE Dept., then again Nut and finally Mr.Siddu. One small glitch- a letter of permission. Didn't waste anytime wrote a letter withing seconds..(it was only two lines you see...) and got the thing done. I had such a joy doing such a small thing in a event of such a large magnitude. I could see descrepencies everywhere. I tried to correct but Who Would listen? Does anyone care to listen to person who did nothing anytime and suddenly wants to behave as a team leader? No, I definitely think not. I left.

I went from person to person asking if there is anything else I can do. Suprised were they. Couldn't think of any?Little earlier I would have been one of them putting my heart and soul into the things I care. But not this time. Seeing Mr.Nut agitated on not finding bins I lend him a hand and also patted him on doing such a wonderful job. the reply I got saying : That is first best compliment he had got for five long days and that It has also lifted his spirits. What am I missing all throughout? Why do I feel guilty? Were I not the one who announced to everyone to participate and contribute to the event? Who turnded a traitor at the last moment just because of bunch of guys wanted to enjoy life sitting and doing nothing but idling away time chatting and laughing about nothing in particular..

more to follow...got to see how the second day goes(i.e. today)...

No comments: