Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Very Disturbing day

It was a day i never wanted to come. It was a day whose events I wanted not to come. But that will all come later...

To begin with...

The first bad news of the day goes to: Blood donation camp on Tuesday i.e. on 21st March. I never a missed a chance of donating blood in the college for the past three years (obviously excluding the first year..)

Flashback:

Sounds all around. Phone coming from few friends. Come to college, Chiru is coming. Common man, be a sport. Should I? just for the heck of seeing chiru? Fortunately Nanna over-heard the convo and we head into a discussion. I let him know that people are all crazy to give blood so that they can have a chance to meet Chiru. It was then what he said had etched in my memory: Never ever hesitate to give blood. It is for a noble cause and there are millions every day because they couldn't get the blood at the right time.

From then on I have been regular till this date...next time...as always there always is a next time.

We climb all the way up and ask for HOD. Come to know he would be late. We decide to get our MID-TERM ANALYSIS done in the mean time. So we meaning mamu, loki, boggu, and me sit in the third floor ruminating what to do. Satti was busy with ME Class. We take up Shyam Shanmugam and get a brief idea of what convlution codes are, and what more decoding mechanisms are possible. It is amazing what can a simple brush with the text book yield such rewarding results...I quickly co-relate and say it all to the group members which makes them happy. It is then....

The Unthinkable Happens

Mamu goes berserek. It was mamu who wanted to us to go after the group who were with satti there. I cut him short and tell him they were there for different purpose. Brrrrrrr...comes the barrage of words. Not everything polite. Steps out, face contorted , sits down (a little far from me of course) turns his face that side and picks up his phone. He is as HOT as one can get... literally hot. Chitti acts as a mediator , tries to console mamu to take it lite...let it go. He wouldn't budge. Then is my turn to turn cool. He remonstrates me to start acting like a mature adult and reminds me of the worst habit that i have of negating everyone who starts off speaking. And that in my days to come this would wreak havoc..

I was deeply hurted. Am i really that bad when in company? Has it become a rule of thumb for me to start with a negation. Why is it that i don't realize ? Why is it that there aren't people like chitti who come out clean and tell me it is a bad habit i am having? Is it all the act that they put before me to appease me? Am i Bad? Do I like hurting people which not once enters my mind consciously? Don't I discuss things amiably and think in all directions? Why is it so sudden i feel all this gamut of emotions. These still haunt me..

Back to where we were. Mamu cools down and apologizes and ask me how i am? What the hell? I am perfectly all right...thank you. What's the point in being frank? It solves nothing except he feeling much more guilty because of his outburst. it is always better to be the first one to reconcile in argument-- read it somewhere and it worked like a charm here. It is from then begins my part 2....


No comments: