Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mama's Birthday Bash

It is one of the most memorable days of my four years life at this college. There are so many but as i have started blogging very recently it would be prudent on me to continue from the present and go to past.

The day started off with...

Me getting up late. It was a day when we had to meet people at UTL Technologies who were being referred to us by HOD. Around 10'o clock I sense something wrong. Well I had a bath, that wasn't the case. Ya...forgot to phone mamu. That small bloke weighing just over 100 pounds with heart as heavy as ton, who personally came and called me to the party he is hosting, and topping all that a team member who with his recent contribution has put our project right on the pedestal with only handover left, with his birthday today- i haven't phoned. Can there be any bigger crime than what I have just commited?? Too much for too little , you might say, but dammit how could I?

So I immediately rush out of the bath, phone mamu and I hear a quite familiar female voice of Mrs. Talkative who, with min. talking hands over the phone to mamu. Without wasting any more dying seconds I wish him from the bottom of my heart. There..it's done...heave a sigh of relief. I promise the prompt attendance at PARADISE.

A Brief Interlude with our Project:

(the evening proceedings would follow this...)

I pick up Chitti at ten minutes less than 11 and then we head straight to the company. With one guy's help off the road we come to know it is near Sanman Tiffin Centre. I park the bike and fussing about my dishelved hair I get the effect of procrastination straight at my face. I haven't had time to buy simple Comb...how worse can it get?? Let's move on...

The Start of Our First Brush with a Tutor:
We enter the office. It was first time in entire life I see a receptionist so vibrant and full of life. She is all smiles and shoots off the questions finishing off with the pleasentries and some basic questions. She then says, " I ask too much questions , don't I?".. Wah..that's a perfect balance between fromal and informal way of conversing. That's how any receptionist should be. Try getting rapport with the people who come. We were ushered into another room with a oval table and six chairs , three on each side facing a white-board.

We waited another ten minutes before the Manager turns up with two other people. We meaning chitti and me just look at eachother just for a second and then to them. After enquiry the manager says he brought the wrong people. They deal with Embedded System. Oh..thank you. Then another five minutes later we are face to face with Ms. Pranita , an expert in VHDL programming.

Not more than a minute passes when she asks the source of our project and knowing it asks us politely to look for nice dustbin before disposing of our valuable PROGRAM. We give a sheepish look when she asks where is the block diagram or when enquired about the source of the program or when enquired about how much have we done on our own.

Bang..Bang..tap..tap..tap....bang...brrrrrr....first the nail, then little tap on it and then the drilling...that's the way our discussion proceeded. I mean that's how I felt.
  • Why were we such dumb idiots who couldn't get a block diagram first?
  • Why is it that we were unable to thrash our program away which had no comments, nothing to explain further?
  • Why is it that we realize everything so very late?
She leaves with an assurance that matter will be looked into and to meet her again two days later...It is from now that party begins...to be cont..

1 comment:

SL said...

Nice blog.keep it up