Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Mama's Birthday Bash - Part II

Those of you who read part I would definitely be disappointed as there was lot of bashing but not from mamu...that sweet chubby kid who hasn't a belt of his size that fits him.

After our brief stint at UTL, I was off to my home dropping Chitti at his home. I did warn him not to go out of control in the teetollers get-together with mama as central attraction. I tried my best to discourage this guy going there as it ain't a good practise. On my way home I had a full plate Noodles at Tasty Bite. This should have been avoided. Of late I have been doing that in regular intervals. Go out, eat something, come home. Fact of the matter was the plate was too heavy for a light snack that I planned.

By 6:45 I start off to Tarnaka. I plan to take a card and go. All the cards there looked dumb lacking any emotional touch. Hallmark or Expressions Greetings were missing. Time was ticking. I had to make a fast move. It wouldn't look going to a party empty-handed. I selected some card at random and made sure there was a personal touch. I just scribbled off what I had to write. It was 7:20 when I picked up Chitti and ten minutes later we were near the crossroads of PARADISE.

THE WISE BLACK SAGE...with his already limited memory remembers that the last time he came he had taken a different path for parking. I proceed along the way he says and turn left instead of going ahead. I keep going, keep going...finally had enough of it. There was not a U-turn visible for one and a half kilometer straight. I literally get bugged. Already we were going to be late. And top of that here he is making the time prolong little more with his under-sized pea-brain memory added to which the traffic. Places like these are havoc in terms of traffic. Not at all comparable to the ones at RTC 'X' Roads or Koti. Nevertheless the timing and traffic go together.

We see no-one at first. Two options- We are early, or late. After trip to all the restos of Paradise the latter was ruled out. When about to phone comes a THUD...on the back. There he was Rohit with two other people. A little later Mr. Logic joined us. Time: 8'0 Clock. Still no sight of the HOST. Mamu is on his way, just started from Jubilee Hills. Wah!!! Talk about timing??
{ Wiseman to me: Please ra..tvaraga vacheyi...andariki 8 ani chepite 8:30 vastaru..anduku andarki 7:30 ani cheputunna...}

The Party Begins:
Everything said and done we were seated in the resto by 8:45. Ya...after one hour from the time we came. I should have taken my time writing neatly. The same happened during Kris ka Treat. Rohit and Co. were in a hurry. They planned to have a nice, calm and warm dinner and then proceed off to Prasad's for Taxi No. 9211, if only everything was according to the plan.
The other people still missing there was Totti Gang.

Little About Totti Gang:

Since this is the first brush with one of famous gangs of our era, I thought I will let my readers know Who Constitute Totti Gang:


(From Left to Right....)
  • Alladi(Fearless, Damn-care Protector)
  • Nikmo(Moral support)
  • Ms.Talkative(Gang Leader(F))
  • Kris(Sentimental Educator)
  • Laddoo(whose positions is yet to be ascertained...was in , was out , again in...again out...to be clarified by Nix or Ms.Talkative..)
  • Nalli(Entertainer)
  • Nix(Gang Leader(M))
They have been together for long time but were not so very visible as a group for the first two years. It was only in our 3-2 during our ITrip, we could see the real Totti's. No matter where they went they were together. Fun, Masti, Timepass, Movies, Food-the essential attributes of the gang. And lastly the credit to their name goes to: Yossarain. (Please do read comments after this post has been read by the members...)
Back to the Present:

The time we started our main-dish Rohit & Co. were preparing to leave. I could sense Rohit wasn't happy with the way things are going. He very much wanted to be with company. Anyways what are to happen will happen. The waiter had a real-tough time taking the orders. We being ECE students have imbibed Flip-Flop Characterisitics by default. So by the time the fifth guy is about to give his, the first guy flips over. Then there was this decision to be made who belongs to which depot with Harsha acting as a station master. Good thing Nikmo brought his digicam to capture this wonderful group together. Food was brought in and we started having it leisurely.

Photos were taken at regular intervals. With usual banter, and senseless talks the day ended with we having our ice-creams. Chitti, who would always love to have ice-cream to begin with given a chance, surely must have had a shocker seeing that slice of ice-cream he got. Poor guy he thought he would be getting in a cup. The photo at the end was the cream of all capturing all the 16 Fellows at a time.

One of the best parties I have enjoyed after a long time. Is the last days of college one of the reason?? Hmm...pondering still...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear kar you are enjoying last days of engineering life. all the best.

Anonymous said...

hey i know about you in a hurry you don't know what you are doing? so think in cool mind ok. your thoti gang description is good but i feel the "thoti" should be changed. also about cricket i feel india is doing well, what do you think and i know australia is the best of course. anyway what happened no blogs recently, i hope everything is ok.

Anonymous said...

hey kar help me out how to contribute in the blog, prat here