Friday, March 17, 2006

Our Project Woes

A Day Before Holi:

Prelude:
It is exactly ten days later I am writing the blog and the progress has been the same as it has been ten days back. Two days back we meaning Chitti, Laddoo and me were in the MODELSIM lab trying to get the best out of the program we had. It was on Chitti's idea we had come to college to suffer on of the painful days of our project.

Initially we were in the Lab near HOD's office where in we thought we could do something out of nothing. We started off by trying to discuss where exactly we were stuck. Then we decided to let go of the highly non-understandable VHDL program. So we were back to the basic site we started off with. The C-program we downloaded to understand gave us the chill that we don't even get in the examination hall. I mean the program was okay to start off with but we were unable to get our basics right. So we browsed through each term and tried to make sense out of it. It then stuck me that we never really did go through basics as none of us knew what constraint-length, (n,k,l) was. After a while we understood some.

Lunch Ke Baad:
The time was unbelieavbly 1:20 p.m. What The HECK?? Time was racing by i tell you.Me and Laddoo came to canteen and went back around two to the MODELSIM LAB. An unknown mystical spell was all around us. Was it because we were sleepy or was it because we were going crazy? It didn't take much time to figure that out. The C Program made smashed our brain to thousand pieces ..Chittis to Hundred Thousand Pieces. He was the guy looking like he lost everything in life. But I had a glimmer of hope with my new idea for our project. Why not write the code of our own?

Ms.Laddoo patiently listened to what I had to say and it sounded realistic enough when explaining. The next day when i tried was when came the bounceer- Are you Stupid or somehting? Don't you think that same idiot could have written the code as SIMPLE as you are trying to put? So I gave up trying. But it is a fantastic algorithm which I am definitely going to try in Java in days to come with help of buttons and stuff. An Absolute Programmers Challenge.

After The Lab:
After a long time I had a brush with the Volleyball. What was gratifying to me was that all the people there were like me so I didn't have to prove my guts out to compete with them? It is strange why I feel out of place when playing with experts and resultantly I wouldn't enjoy playing. But not the other time when I am playing with the people I know.

while coming out BANG comes the egg on my head? HOLI Boss...it was expected. Loki does that. A Few minutes later I was mauled by Abhi and Harsha. Fighting whom I landed in the bus safely.

Back in the Home:

Mom shocked to see the way i am. Had a quick bath just rejoicing the feeling of warm water . Was little disappointed with the way this year holi has went by thinking about the last year events. Dear me..if only I knew what was in store.

No comments: